To root your Android Device and install custom ROM on your device and install applications, you might requires some android terminal command or ADB (Android Debug Bridge) shell command knowledge. Here are some basic android commands that are being used on Android platform frequently and that every android user must know.
If you can’t find what you are looking for in this, Please post/ask in the comments. We will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible with a solution
Basic Android Terminal and ADB Shell Command List
1. How to open a cmd in Android Phone
Method 1: “Start” – “”Program”-” “Accessories” – “” Command Prompt ”
Method 2: “Start” – “” Run “, type cmd ENTER
adb shell reboot
3. Restart Android into Recovery Mode
With the data cable connected to your phone and computer, enter the following command
adb shell reboot recovery
4. Convert back to ext2 partition
Restart the phone into Recovery mode, press “Alt + X” into the console. Open cmd and
enter the following command
adb shell <== ENTER tune2fs-O ^ has_journal / dev/block/mmcblk0p2 <== carriage return e2fsck / dev/block/mmcblk0p2 <==carriage return (optional, can be aproblem area in section 2, when used)
5. Pulling applications from Android phone to computer
adb pull /system/sd/app app adb pull /system/sd/app-private appprivate
6. Pushing applications back to android phone from the computer
adb push app /system/sd/app adb push app-private /system/sd/appprivate
7. Delete existing apps on Android SD
adb shell rm -r /system/sd/app adb shell rm -r /system/sd/appprivate
8. Repair gravity System or switch to screen
Sometimes frequent brushing of phone can cause gravity system or switch to screen
failure. Just follow the steps belowRestart the phone into Recovery mode, press “Alt + X” into the console
Open cmd and enter the following command
mount / data
9. Ext2/ext3/ext4 formatted partition
Enter the following command in the cmd
10. Remove/ system / app under the application
Under normal circumstances / system / app is not under an application. Use the following
methods to remove these applications.
Open cmd and enter the following command
11. If the start Time is too Long
Just enter the following command in order to view the boot process.
12. Through Terminal Partition SD card
It will erase everything on your SD card
$ su # cd /data # wget http://18.104.22.168/bin/lib/droid/sdsplit4 # chmod 555 sdsplit # /data/sdsplit -fs *size* (add -nc to the end for JFv1.5ADP)
13. From the Recovery Screen, send an update file to your SD card.
adb shell mount /sdcard adb shell rm /sdcard/update.zip adb push *filename* /sdcard/update.zip
14. Restoring a nandroid backup via Fastboot
Start command-prompt/terminal cd to the nandroid folder and enter following commands
fastboot erase boot fastboot erase recovery fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash userdata data.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot reboot
15. Clear Search History in Android
Search History is accounted for Mobile Memory. It can also leak your privacy information as
well. Just follow the steps below to clear android history.
Steps are as follows:
Make sure your mobile phone has Root authority.
Open the super-terminal.
Enter the following command
su rm / data / data /com.android.vending / databases /suggestions.db
Exit Hyper Terminal and restart the phone.
dab reboot oem-78 when permission denied su # mount -o remount,rw /system mount -o remount,rw /system # rm /system/app/com.wsandroid.apk rm /system/app/com.wsandroid.apk #
#su (wait for the superuser screen, and press "yes") #mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system #chmod 4755 /system/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf #dd if=/sdcard/DroidSansFallback.ttf of=/system/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf #reboot
To exit the terminal on your android device:
just type exit and press enter.
Please tack few seconds from your valuable time to leave a feedback below to let us know if this was useful or any improvements to do.
If you have more good commands to add please post in comment section.
Thanks you 😀
People found this article was interesting about:
- install rom adb command terminal
- adb dd command
- reboot -n options android shell
- block shell command using android
- baiki partition android command
- android terminal commands pdf#
- Android Terminal Commands List
- adb shell restart
- adb mount memory card
- type in the command ?adb reboot bootloader? (without the quotes) and press the Enter key Your phone